Our Dozer Training Program Details And Requirements.
At Emerald, we have developed a detailed training plan to enable students to safely operate a dozer within the civil construction industry across many worksites within Australia.
This course “conduct civil construction dozer operations” is run in a small classsetting giving you the required one-on-one time from our highly skilled and knowledgeable trainers. It will ensure you obtain the appropriate level of practical training, so you can apply it in your everyday work environment no matter what task comes your way.
A dozer is a heavy-duty machinesimilar toa tractor that has a blade at the front and in most cases a claw like tool attached to the rear. The blade is used to move large quantities of materials generated during construction and the claw on the back is used for loosening compacted materials. There are many different types of dozers including crawler dozers, wheeled dozers and mini dozers that can be equipped with different blade attachments making it a versatile machine across many construction sites.
This dozer ticket in Brisbane will give you the required skills for planning and preparing a job for dozer operations, conducting routine before and after checks, choosing the appropriate attachment for the job being carried out, fitting and removing the attachment safely, relocating the dozer from site to site, maintaining the dozer and associated equipment and finally keeping a clean and hazard free work area. That’s why you need to obtain dozer licence.
All aspects of this course will be taught by our highly knowledgeable trainers through written and practical teachings at our onsite Dozer training facility in Brisbane. The course content will include, but is not limited to the following;
- Hazard identification and hazard control
- WHS legislation, Australian standards and site policies and procedures
- Safe operating techniques of a dozer
- Routine operational checks
- Different attachments and their characteristics and capabilities
- How to fit and remove various attachments
- Maintenance of dozer and associated equipment
- Isolation procedures
- Relocation of the machine between job sites
- Earthwork calculations
- Site documentation, plans and drawings
- Communication in the workplace
In successful completion of this course, all students will have the knowledge to demonstrate the following;
- Identify potential hazards and environmental issues in the workplace
- Apply the necessary control measures to prevent hazards from reoccurring and report according to site procedures
- Conduct all operational checks of a dozer including pre-start, start-up and shutdown procedures
- Operate a dozer in many work environments in a safe and compliant way
- Complete dozer operations such as stockpiling, stripping and spreading topsoil, backfilling and benching
- Fit and remove various attachments such as blades, ploughs and rakes
- Understand the capabilities and limitations of both the dozer and its attachments
- Maintain plant and equipment, isolate if faulty and report accordingly
- Prepare the dozer for relocation to a designated area
- Estimate safe working loads using mathematical calculations
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisors and all other workplace personnel
On successful completion of this course, students will have the ability to operate a dozer across many worksites in a safe and efficient manner, complying with all relevant safety legislation.
Our trainers at Emerald will ensure you have the confidence and practical experience necessary to gain employment in multiple industries including construction, mining and more.