Our Excavator Training Program Details And Requirements.
At Emerald, our excavator course in Brisbane “conduct civil construction excavator operations” is designed to give students the skills and practical experience necessary to conduct excavator operations in many industries across the country specifically the civil construction industry.
Our highly skilled and knowledgeable trainers provide a detailed training plan in a small class environment, or alternatively we can provide group training at an outside location subject to availability.
An excavator is a self-propelled tracked or wheeled vehicle, that can move a minimum of 360 degrees with an upper structure. This is performed through the movement of a bucket fitted to the boom where the machine can excavate, lift, swing and discharge materials.
The excavator ticket in Brisbane will teach you how to plan and prepare a job when conducting excavator activities, carry out routine operational checks, operate an excavator in a safe manner, get the appropriate excavator training for the specific job being carried out, relocate the excavator between work sites and finally maintain a clean and safe work environment.
All aspects of this course will be taught through written and practical teachings at our onsite training facility in Brisbane. The course content will include, but is not limited to the following;
- Hazard identification, environmental issues and necessary control measures related to excavator operations
- WHS regulation, Australian standards and codes of practice
- Operate an excavator using various attachments
- Identify and apply appropriate excavator techniques
- Routine before and after operational checks
- Characteristics, capabilities and limitations of various attachments
- Shutdown procedures and relocation of excavator
- Isolating, recording and reporting faults
- Cleaning, maintenance and refueling of the excavator
- Emergency procedures and personal protective equipment
- Earthwork calculations
- Manufacturers specifications and requirements
On successful completion of this course, students will have the ability to carry out the following;
- Identify potential hazards and environmental issues such as overhead power lines, ground conditions and environmental conditions
- Apply the necessary control measures to avoid potential hazards from occurring
- Operate an excavator using various techniques to complete cutting and boxing, stripping and spreading, trench excavation, stockpiling and site clean up
- Select and fit the appropriate attachment for the specific job being carried out such as a bucket, lifting device, compaction gear and a rock breaker
- Understand the capabilities and limitations of the excavator and its attachments
- Conduct before and after operational checks
- Understand the various soil types and compaction methods for civil construction
- Report defective plant and equipment and isolate them according to site procedures
- Relocate excavator between sites using site traffic management requirements
- Communicate effectively with co-workers and all other workplace personnel and ensure communication methods such as signs and barriers are put in place
- Estimatesafe working loads using mathematical calculations
- Interpret site information such as structural charts and plans.
The successful applicant will have the skills and experience necessary to safely operate an excavator across many work sites in Australia.
The support and guidance provided by our highly skilled trainers at Emerald will give you the confidence necessary to gain employment within multiple industries.